Sunday, September 28, 2008

My favorite team is #1!!!

the college football polls came out and amazingly enough my sooners are number one!! I am excited beyone belief BUT i do know that our boys in crimson still have some rough games ahead... I still have faith in them though! my weekend was amazing.. The sooner win over TCU was no shock but still o so sweet!!! my favorite part of the weekend was going home and going to the Thomas cross country meet with my mom. It was so great to get to hang out with her. It was also amazing to get to see the young girls I have watch grow up run! I got to see my little cousin Taylor run in the junior high race. My favorite part was watching Baleigh and her lady terriers win the meet. Baleigh did SO amazing and I can't wait to watch her improve... that girl is VERY special to me.. I am still so sad that her dad (my coach) moved before my senior season. Anyways... I am glad to see that dana has joined the blog world... its a great place and I am glad I have a place to write everything down.. :)

I have a prayer request... Tomorrow my best bud katie and I are going to the hospital to visist our favorite girl morgan.. morgan is an 8 year old girl in the maintainance stage of chemotherapy.. she is having a spinal tap and it can be very painful for her.. please ask for strength and protection as well as God's continued healing!!!

I am starting a new book called Bible Babes.... It was like 2 dollars so I thought I would try it out and if it was cool I would suggest it to the teacher at the Big O (Omega Baptist Church) maybe possible teach from it once a month?? anyways today I read about eve and how she was so in awe of the beauty that God has created.. the stars, the flowers, etc... That is totally where I am at right now.. .God is SO awe inspiring and I just don't know He can be so good but there's people/things in the world that are totally against what He represents.. As I was reading I am thinking to myself about the BAD things that I know are occuring in the world around me.. things that don't see fair... things that I want to scream at the top of my lungs WHY GOD why?? and you know what.. everytime He answers me... he tells me that everything will be fine and that HE has a perfect plan... and also everytime I tell myself my life sucks and nothing goes right.. God throws in a 97% score on a test I didn't really study for...

so God places me in awe... (AND I think God has a little something to do with that number one ranking!!!)

until next time

1 comment:

Amber Elder said...

Hi Brooke! Thank you for your comment! It was very encouraging!!! I miss seeing you, but at least now I can keep track of you on your blog. :) How did it go with that little girl?